Job Reference: 1191
Company / Overview
Specialist Engineering company based in the Newcastle area.
Responsible for the safe day-to-day running of an allocated machine and to ensure that all manufacturing targets are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CNC and Manual turning.
- NC Milling
- Radial Arm Drilling
- Vertical Boring
- Working to and conducting accurate checks on tight tolerances required
- Fork lift truck driving
- Lifting and slinging
- Use of FARO arm
- Ensure that all CNC and Manual machines are set up within target time and as outlined on the set-up sheet.
- Produce components within agreed cycle times.
- Produce components that conform to all specifications listed on engineering drawings
- Produce components that satisfy all internal quality control measures
- Use inspection equipment (Vernier, micrometer, PI tape, CMM and FARO) to ensure that all components are manufactured as per the relevant engineering drawing and within the tolerances stated.
- Use forklift trucks as required to collect and return material, components and other engineering items from designated areas
Experience / Qualifications
- Qualified Modern Apprentice (or equivalent) in an Engineering related discipline
- At least four years CNC turning experience.
- Experience of machine setting/operation
- Experience of working to demanding tolerances
- Experience of bespoke low batch manufacturing
- Experience of working to diameters of up to 2.3 meters
- Manual turning experience
- Milling / drilling experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a variety of measuring equipment (both metric and imperial).
- Able to work to operational procedures and ensure product traceability.
Salary / Shifts
- Permanent Position
- Hourly paid
- £13.44 per hour