Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Company / Overview
Established and successful automotive manufacturer in the County Durham area, currently looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Duties will include:-
- Maintain 18001 & 14001 accreditation.
- Be accountable for promoting safe and healthy working practices, whilst monitoring the implementation of policy and procedures across the site, ensuring that all company policies and procedures are compliant and up to date with current HSE legislation
- Complete task based Risk Assessments including COSHH, manual handling and ergonomics etc
- Ensure that all risk assessments are completed across the business. Assist and train supervisors in performing task based Risk Assessments
- Carry out various Health & Safety inspections and investigations, perform internal ISO system audits and compile final reports
- Maintain registers of First Aiders and Fire Marshalls and ensure they are appropriately trained. Maintain adequate provision of first aid facilities at all times
- Complete accident investigations, including completion of incident forms.
- Develop, implement and monitor HSE Key performance indicators and advising on appropriate control measures
- Propose, implement and monitor a schedule for workplace safety audits and ensure any remedial recommendations are implemented
- Assisting in the design and delivery of all HSE training and complete induction programmes for new employees
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labelling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc
- Oversee Behaviour Based / Observation Safety Programs
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs implemented by the company
Experience / Qualifications
- Up to date knowledge of HSE legislation
- Knowledge of environmental systems
- Experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing/engineering is essential.
- Ability to organise and prioritise with good attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of successful Health & Safety experience.
- Site Audits & Inspections
Skills and Qualification Requirements:
- Candidates must hold NEBOSH/IOSH Diploma as a minimum or equivalent.
- ISO14001 & 18001 Internal Auditor
- Computer literate including MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player who has positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Numerate and articulate
Salary / Shifts