Maintenance Technician – Electrical Bias
Company / Overview
Our client are an established Manufacturer in the Newcastle area who are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician with an electrical bias due to an increase in business.
The organisation has just had a large investment and is looking to upgrade the factory and business.
As a member of the Maintenance Team you will be responsible for both planned and breakdown maintenance of a diverse range of plant and machinery
As a member of the Maintenance Team you will be responsible for both planned and breakdown maintenance of a diverse range of plant and machinery.
- You must be fully trained electrically with good knowledge of basic mechanical duties
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise maintenance activities while working on own initiative.
- Capable of diagnosis faults, stripping down and repairing production equipment and supplying feedback to reduce reoccurrence through Root Cause Analysis.
- A flexible approach and the ability to troubleshoot and innovate are pre-requisites of the job.
- Using the Planned Preventative Maintenance system to record work and evaluate/ implement robust engineering fixes.
- Fault finding PLCs and relay systems
- Installation and fault finding
- Commissioning and building machinery
Experience / Qualifications
- Timed-served, multi skilled Engineering qualification.
- Multi Skilled, electrical Bias
- PLC Fault Finding
- Good working knowledge of production processes.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidence to work independently to timelines for repair
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing tools and Continuous Improvement techniques.
Salary / Shifts
Job Reference: BBBH1663_1534145486
Salary: £40000 - £41000 per annum + Continental Shift Pattern