Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician – Electrical Bias
Company / Overview
Our client are an established and highly successful manufacturer, who are a worldwide market leader. They boast a extremely low turnover of staff and a range of excellent benefits including a higher than average pension scheme.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing maintenance assignments to build, repair and/or maintain all equipment in good operating condition as quickly and accurately as possible; while keeping associated costs to a minimum to help meet Plant goals. The Maintenance Technician is expected to be multi-skilled with a strong electrical background and able to contribute to plant maintenance activities in a variety of craft disciplines. The maintenance technician is expected to manage their own projects from the planning through to installation with minimal assistance from the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes projects with minimal guidance showing a proactive attitude to minimizing equipment down time and lost production capability.
- Troubleshoots electrical & mechanical devices in operation. Dismantles and examines devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs new or repairs/modifies electrical equipment as needed.
- Improves reliability and uptime of all equipment. Takes a proactive approach to equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality.
- Researches supplies, parts and tools needed to complete work orders.
- Assists in identifying and maintaining an accurate inventory of parts.
- Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, PM logs, etc.
- Supports the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company.
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines while performing job duties.
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
Experience / Qualifications
- Time served Apprenticeship
- HNC or previous equivalent.
- Must have basic skills on use of computers: MS Office, Windows.
- Strong Industrial Electrical that must include troubleshoot and repair of PLC’s (Mitsubishi Preferably), electronics experience, DC drive units, , working with 3 phase motors, 480v and below, MA current signals.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of tools such as hand tools, power tools, drill press, band saw, welder, cutting torch, lathe, etc.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems including gear boxes, motors, air compressors, pumps, AC, DC, drive troubleshooting, etc.
- Must be able to read, communicate and comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, equipment files, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing form through email. Ability to do research in the Internet.
- Ability to implement, enforce and maintain guidelines set by the Company or management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong organization skills and self-starter motivation. Prioritization skills in alignment with Plant priorities. Continuous Improvement mind-set and results oriented.
- Must have math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.)
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of hand tools, hand trucks, fork lift, mechanical platforms and lifts, bench tools, welders, saws, drills etc.
Years of Experience:
- 5 years of prior experience in industrial maintenance, electrical & mechanical.
Salary / Shifts
Day shift, migrating onto a 1 in 6 week 3-11.
Starting Salary £14.60 per/Hour plus overtime (c.£30,368)
Job Reference: BBBH2774_1540998102
Salary: £28000.00 - £31000.00 per annum + Days, Additional Benefits