Maintenance Technician – Multi Skilled
Overview / Company
Our client are an established Automotive Manufacturer in the Tyne and Wear area. Due to an increase in business they are expanding heavily and looking for a new team of Maintenance Technicians. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an established organisation at a time of growth.
Duties will include:-
* To ensure that production equipment is effectively maintained to world class standard to support production activity.
* To maintain preventative maintenance systems
* To reduce machine breakdown time
* To conduct TPM maintenance activities
* To introduce ongoing machine and system improvements
* To install and commission new machines and equipment
* To modify and upgrade existing machines and equipment
* To provide an out of hours back up service to the production shift
* To maintain line side maintenance stores
* To conduct scrap investigation and analysis
* To train production staff in TPM activities.
* To work within FES guidelines and targets including GAP structure.
* During the pursuit of all duties the Code of Ethics and Code of Management will be adhered to at all times.
* Qualified to HNC level in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum of 2 years post qualified experience gained within a high volume manufacturing environment.
* Experience of fault finding problems from root cause
* Experience of Power Press equipment
* Fault – finding and diagnostics on hydraulic systems
* Fault – finding and diagnostics on pneumatic systems
* Fault – finding and diagnostics on PLC systems
* Fault – finding and diagnostics on relay systems
* Experience of operating Milling Machines, Lathes, Grinding machines
* Bench-fitting skills
* Experience of welding (Down -hand stick or MIG)
* Working knowledge of inverter systems
* Working knowledge of feedback systems e.g. Encoder
* Working knowledge of instrumentation (PID)
* Working knowledge of robotic systems
* Working knowledge of electrical heating systems
* Previous experience of TPM activities
* Working knowledge of chiller systems
* Working knowledge of compressed air distribution
* Experience of machine installation and modification
* Experience of using test equipment
* Experience of safety interlocking systems
* Ability to use test equipment and follow standard machine diagrams
* Computer literacy advantageous
* Experience of Health and Safety systems advantageous
Salary / Shifts
Circa £32,000 – £34,500
3 Shifts – Early, Back, Nights
Job Reference: BBBH2292_1526628017
Salary: £30000 - £34000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: