Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager – great career progression opportunities & competitive salary package
A leading client majoring in Thermal Engineering who design, develop and manufacture cooling solutions for various industries including medical, military and aerospace markets. Our client is an established, well cultured business, currently looking to appoint a manager/senior engineer to oversee, liaise with customers/clients/company departments and contribute from a design and technical perspective.
As a manager and senior engineer, the role will entail acting as principal point of contact for engineers from customer & external organizations, the ability to Project manage various on-going requirements including and incorporating design, manufacturing, sales and production is crucial.
- Salary: negotiable but in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 + benefits (flexible for the right candidate)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Higher National Certificate in Engineering with relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Engineering experience in a design, development and manufacturing environment
- Must have Thermal and Mechanical experience
- Excellent technical writing capability
- Expert knowledge of 3D CAD design tools and experience in one of the following areas: Machined Components, Extrusions, Sheet Metal
- Basic knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid flow
- Basic knowledge in a commercial CFD package
- Basic knowledge of Electrical and Electronic aspects of engineering and instrumentation in particular
- Liaise with manufacturing engineers & technicians to manufacture and test prototypes for customer applications and research projects
- To liaise with Manufacturing Engineers and the Production Department to ensure that any processes introduced meet requirements
- To provide problem solving support to other departments and suppliers when required
- To develop and distribute relevant Engineering documentation and CAD data
Northumberland, Ashington Easily commutable from the A1 – good transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- Family, friendly working environment
- Part of a highly specialist team
- Broad and varied role
- Great career prospects with low staff turnover
Job Reference: BBBH2451_1532420291
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum