Job Reference: 2346
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Company / Overview
A specialist manufacturer in Newcastle involved in the Aerospace and Defence industries. You will be working on high precision metal manufacturing processes.
Primary role is to service, repair and maintain plant and machines within the company in a safe and efficient manner to minimise delays in production and avoid unsafe plant condition.
Health and Safety
- Complete weekly testing and recording of fire alarms and legionella checks to schedule.
- Compete valid risk assessments for all work undertaken.
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times. Assist in the enforcement of safe working practices and conditions.
- Ensure the safe operational condition of plant and machinery.
- Material Handling the use forklift trucks and jib cranes as required to collect and return items to and from designated areas.
- Environment ensure correct segregation of waste as per environmental requirements.
- 5’s: Maintain and continually improve standards associated with 5S activities including the completion of audits, clean downs, and deep cleans.
- Maintain Spincraft’s preventative maintenance plan with weekly scheduled and targeted checks.
- PAT testing/ in-service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment maintaining records and schedule.
- Conduct daily maintenance checks (TPM) on allocated machinery and report major maintenance issues.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with cell leaders and Production Manager in respect to all daily production activities.
- Ensure that breakdown logs are kept and are accurate for data analysis purposes. Ensure that machine records and manuals etc. are accessible and are in good working order.
Repair and Maintenance
- Perform a variety of all maintenance and repair work on plant equipment including (but not limited to) pumps, fans, gear boxes, shafts, water lines, valves, belts, motors, electrical panels, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, electronic control systems.
- To install and commission plant and machinery. Carry out machine upgrades and development in conjunction with the Production Department
- Carry out activity according to production plan, organize and prioritize routine jobs liaising with production planner and cell leaders.
- Stock Control: Ensure adequate supplies are carried for routine work and for common identified failure modes.
Experience / Qualifications
PAT Testing Certs
PLC, Hydraulics, Mechanical and Electrical maintenance experience
Salary / Shifts
Job Reference: BBBH2346_1527251028
Salary: £30000.00 - £31000.00 per annum + Days, Additional Benefits