Setter / Tooling Technician – Real Opportunity for progression
Our client are a global and established manufacturer with an excellent reputation. Due to an increase in work they are expanding their team of Tooling Technicians at their site in County Durham.
The role is offered on a 3 shift working pattern 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am
The company is extremely stable and offers real progression within their business. Our client have just restructured their team and are looking to appoint multi-skilled people who will be given the necessary training with a view to them progressing within the organisation
- The company is particularly secure supplying to a number of industry OEM’s
- They actively look to offer development opportunities to their staff and look to promote from within wherever possible.
We’re looking for Setters / Tooling Technicians who could come from a number of manufacturing backgrounds
The pay range offered is from £20,300 – £25,300
- They offer competitive additional benefits to include company pension
- Experience of machine setting, Tooling changeovers is essential and experience of Tool Preparation, Minor tool repairs and Tool overhauls would be a distinct advantage
- Complete all tool fits and insert changes safely
- Complete all tool prep’s and de-prep’s
- Assist the process techs on the line during setups with gun changes and tooling problems.
- Complete minor tool repairs and report any major repairs.
- Complete tool overhauls and services, e.g. re-securing cavities, re-drilling and re-tapping damaged or stripped bolts and adding core vents etc.
- Maintain all equipment including gun refurbishment, receiver frames, spray frames, Enstats and changing press seal etc.
- Be able to complete major repairs should as building new spray frames, be competent with drilling and tapping and repair
- Conduct monthly stock checks and advise of any shortages.
- Communicate all issues and keep all departments informed of all activities.
- Assist with training in tool prep and tool fitting procedures.
Why Should You Apply?
- Very secure company
- Excellent opportunity for development and progression
- Good additional benefits
Job Reference: BBBH2576_1530015905