Job Reference: 1444
Company / Overview
Our client requires an experienced Electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Technician or an experienced Electrical/Electronic Maintenance Technician who is willing to train and develop additional multi mechanical skills
To ensure the safe and efficient preventative maintenance on machines and equipment within the Tyne and Wear production site, responding to and resolving breakdowns throughout the plant in an efficient manner. To utilise mechanical, electrical and electronic skills to safeguard that machines and equipment on site are safe and fit for purpose, limiting and eliminating downtime wherever reasonably practicable.
To work collaboratively with the maintenance team and others as required
- Involvement with new design, installation and movement of existing equipment
- Liaison with any sub-contractors.
- Overhaul and repair of machines/equipment/plant machinery.
- Design, promote and carry out of preventative maintenance.
- Plan and prioritise workload to support the manufacturing process, ensuring all processes are robust, safe and properly maintained and documented as appropriate.
- Continually monitor process performance through uptime/downtime, developing action plans for improvement.
- Install and work with single phase/three phase electrical circuits and electronics including PLC’s and automation.
- Monitor spare parts and minimise their usage.
- Ensure all drawings, documents and relevant information is kept up to date.
- To ensure personal training is carried out as and when required.
- To carry out any such other tasks as and when required.
To assist in any area of the business when required
Experience / Qualifications
- Time served and experienced in Mechanical, electrical and electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of PLC Programming and fault finding
- Knowledge of hydraulic and compressed air systems
- Knowledge of Pneumatics
- Experience of Electrical and Mechanical Installations
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring qualification or equivalent
Salary / Shifts
Day Shift (Flexible to work shifts when required)
Circa £26,000 – £30,000