Job Reference: 1311
Maintenance / Process Technician (Mechanical bias)
Company / Overview
Global FMCG Manufacturer based in the Tyne and Wear area.
In this role you will be in a production support team of 4 Technicians, reporting to the Maintenance Engineer.
- The main responsibility of the role is to ensure the processes are running to their optimum efficiencies through the use of continuous improvement, process monitoring and preventative and reactive techniques.
- You are responsible for all types of maintenance work as well as analysing and solving mechanical & basic electrical, basic PLC and process problems on the machines and other equipment in an efficient and effective manner, and to ensure compliance with all quality and safety requirements.
- Carry out and support Machine Set Ups on the production machines.
- You will use your mechanical & basic electrical knowledge to achieve this and you have the ability to come up with good creative ideas through analytical and logical thinking.
- Machining skills with lathe, milling, welding is also required.
Experience / Qualifications
- As an education background you should have a minimum ONC mech or relevant experience
- You have several years’ experience in a technical function in a production environment.
- As a person you are self- starting and pro-active. You like working both independently and in a team.
- You are open for new ideas, can organise your work load, set the right priorities and pro-actively communicate to all different levels within the organisation.
Salary / Shifts
Circa 3 Shifts, Circa £36,000