Maintenance Technician – Electrical bias
Our client are a successful and forward automotive manufacturer based in Tyne and Wear. They are a global organisation who supply a specialist product.
To assist the Maintenance Shift Engineer in all aspects relating to mechanical maintenance, with a common aim to reduce down time, and increase availability of the production facility.
Duties will include:-
Work proactively to maintain and repair equipment across multiple areas of the plant.
- Promptly respond to breakdowns and planned maintenance work.
- To carry out routine Mechanical Maintenance e.g. Pumps, Filters etc.
- To work safely at all times observing instructions, procedures, permits, safety systems, lock offs, and other protocols applicable.
- To assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements
- To maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- To identify root causes wherever possible and to communicate with relevant personnel.
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- To communicate all relevant and necessary information with lead technician, maintenance technician, colleagues or others within the organisation.
- To hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift
- To report any non-conformances as observed
- To record activities as directed
- To refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary
- To comply with all company policies and rules
- To work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors
- Must be educated to a minimum standard of ONC/OND/HND/HNC/NVQ lever3 or equivalent in Maintenance / Mechanical Engineering or be a time served fitter.
- Must have experience in – Mechanical fault finding, working with bearings and their fitting, cranes and conveyors
- Must be able to –
- manage time and information effectively and prioritise given tasks in line with working requirements
- demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- work unsupervised as well as in a team
- Would be advantageous to
- be able to weld and burn
- be able to machine
- be able to drive MEWPs / fork lift trucks
- have experience in crane maintenance
- have experience of working at height
- be able to effectively use a computer to basic MS Office applications
- have experience of AutoCAD
Shifts and Salary
- Competitive Salary of £33400
- Competitive Holidays
- Private Health Care
- Death in Service Benefit
- Sickness Scheme
- Medicash – Benefit Optical/ Dental/ Prescription
- Medicash Savings Portal – Discounted Cinema Tickets/Discounted Shopping Vouchers/Gift Cards
- Child Care Vouchers
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Christmas Party and Christmas Gifts
The role will involve working a Continental Shift Pattern shift system, 42hours 06.00am – 18.00pm 18.00pm- 06.00am (4 day on 4 day off) Monday to Sunday for which a shift premium of 22.5% is applicable.