Job Reference: 1334
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Company / Overview
Specialist global manufacturer based in the Tyne and Wear area.
As a Press Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for responding to technical issues affecting production and maintaining electrical & mechanical aspects of a range of blanking, progressive and transfer presses and related equipment & machinery.
- Provide immediate support in the event of breakdowns.
- Proactively work to reduce machine downtime.
- Setting of equipment to meet weekly production requirements.
- Isolation and de-isolation of equipment in accordance with company’s procedures to allow machinery to be worked upon safely.
- Servicing, maintenance and improvement of electrical & mechanical equipment & services in accordance with current regulations
- Experience of maintaining and interrogating PLC systems (Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, Fanuc currently used on site)
- Experience of maintaining and interrogating Drive systems (Mitsubishi, ABB & Reliance currently used on site)
- Experience of working and interrogating Robot systems (Fanuc currently used on site) Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance and provide feedback to develop systems & procedures. Prioritise workload with the relevant Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Confirm work done into Maintenance Management System complete with technical feedback
- Preferably 5+ years in a maintenance department within an industrial manufacturing facility.
Experience / Qualifications
- Time Served Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Multi Skilled – Electrical bias
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Good PLC Skills
- Ideally experience working on a range of presses and robotics
Salary / Shifts
Circa £34,000 – £36,000