Job Reference: 1479
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Company / Overview
Specialist Manufacturer based in the Bedfordshire area.
- Maintain and service all production machinery, using a multi-skilled approach, in accordance with manufacturers OEM’S.
- Apply safe techniques of isolation using a “LOTO” Procedures
- Carry out installation and commissioning to electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Use fault finding technics on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Execute DPM/PPM systems.
- Carry out property / facility maintenance duties as required.
- Carry out routine statutory checks as required.
- Complete a breakdown/fault log on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the cell leaders on a daily basis providing engineering support.
- Liaise with contracted service providers when on site, sign on/off in line with the companies site visitor / “permit to work” procedures.
- Ensure TDI Monitoring system is operating correctly at all times.
- Monitor engineering stock usage, order spares as required to provide continuous production support.
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes.
- Adhere to all H&S procedures as advised by the company.
- Complete additional skills training as required by the company.
- To provide out of hours “call-out” service.
- Carry out such other duties as the management team may reasonably require.
Experience / Qualifications
- Technically competent.
- Electrical 17th Edition qualification desirable.
- “Hands on” approach
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical DPM/PPM procedures essential.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems an advantage.
- Conversant with electrical/ PLC control systems desirable.
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to prioritise workload and concisely record information.
- Honest and trustworthy
Salary / Shifts
Circa £33,000 – £40,000
Early and Back shift + On Call