Job Reference: 1869
Company / Overview
Our client are a growing and diverse plastic manufacturer based in Buckinghamshire.
Due to an expansion in their business, they are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to work within an experienced team.
Duties will include:-
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations
- Interrogate and analyse relevant P.L.C. software
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance and calibration routines to maximise equipment reliability, to reduce breakdown risk.
- Provide input and recommendations for improvements to the Maintenance Management System, Permit to Work Procedure, work access and personal safety provisions.
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- Provide regular feedback and recommendations to improve the operability of plant machinery and equipment and reduce maintenance costs
- Regularly update all instrumentation and electrical documentation, drawings and perform software backups.
- Initiate requisitions for materials and follow up deliveries to fulfil job priorities
- Co-ordinate Instrumentation and electrical work during project work to achieve planned goals
- Perform daily instrumentation duties, and provide detailed technical advice during problem solving and troubleshooting activities to minimise the risk and duration of Plant breakdowns.
- Liaise with and maintain regular contact with vendor service engineers
- Provide necessary feedback and support regarding failures and repairs, recommend improvements that are required to increase equipment reliability and safety
Experience / Qualifications
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- HNC or higher qualification
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Experience in similar plant and equipment
- Knowledge of current electrical regulations
Salary / Shifts
£25,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year