Job Reference: 1343
Company / Overview
Award winning 1st tier automotive manufacturing supplier in the Washington area, currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician, with an electrical bias
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers/contractors and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation.
- Provide feedback to line managers with a degree of accuracy
- Be able to recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Reactive and proactive plant, equipment and building maintenance.
- Must have a can do, will do attitude.
Experience / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have extensive experience performing maintenance operations on conventional machines (Lathes / Milling Machinery)
- Mechanically biased with electrical knowledge as an advantage.
- Previous experience of using lathes and milling equipment.
- Previous experience of working in a lean manufacturing background.
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work at height.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and unsupervised.
- Ability to manage projects to tight deadlines and to co-ordinate personnel.
- Quality and Health & Safety awareness.
- Experience on hydraulics and pneumatics systems.
- ONC/HNC educated in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
Please note – Due to the on-going needs of the business the successful candidate must be able to work flexibly, commit to some weekend work and overtime.
Salary / Shifts
Early and Back Shift,