Company / Overview
Award winning and established Engineering firm based in the Tyne and Wear area.
To produce machined parts by setting up and operating a variety of Manual Lathes; maintaining quality and safety standards. To provide support/training and mentoring of other operators.
- Setting and operating Manual Lathes
- Ability to read engineering drawings and use inspection equipment
- Support, training and mentoring of operators
- Ensure that health and safety standards are adhered to and maintained
- Complete documentation / processes to satisfy Production Control requirements
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience / Qualifications
- Recognised apprenticeship + years machining experience in a subcontract manufacturing environment.
- Strong communicator
- Strict adherence to health and safety requirements
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement.
- Proven Problem Solver
- Self-discipline for PPE / House Keeping / Safe Working Practice
- Team Player
- Commitment to development of apprentices
- Some experience of a XYZ Protrak lathe would be an advantage
Salary / Shifts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £13.35 /hour