Company / Overview
An award winning and established FMCG manufacturer in the Tyne and Wear area are looking to appoint a Quality Manager on a permanent basis. Areas of responsibility includes Quality and HSE (Health and Safety and Environmental)
The post holder will:
- Lead a team comprising Quality team and a Health & Safety Officer
- Provide leadership for the business regarding manufactured and assembled product Quality ensuring the continuous improvement of all processes across the company.
Have the key responsibility for developing and implementing Quality Management Strategy and plans through quality policies, processes and practices.
- Develop the long and short term vision for cost and productivity improvements and make sure they are in line with company objectives.
- Ensure that all deadlines are planned for and met in respect of Auditing programmes in line with Quality systems. This will require effective team working with the functional departments and detailed knowledge of Company-wide metrics and the reporting requirements of each.
Experience / Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline
- Extensive and thorough experience in a similar quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Extensive hands-on experience of quality management systems and quality techniques and/or methodologies
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills – characteristic of an inclusive but effective leadership style.
- The drive and determination to deliver top quality products and a service to be proud of.
- An analytical and methodical approach, there must a keen eye for detail and thorough but innovative problem solving ability.
Circa £35,000 – £45,000 + Bonus (Dependant on experience and qualifications)