Job Reference: 1718
Quality Technician Moulding / Metrology
Company / Overview
Specialist manufacturer based in the County Durham area.
Support day to day product / process conformance (Moulded components. Provide measuring support, as required, on mouldings & sourced parts within Husqvarna, to ensure compliance to drawings & specifications. (Note – some shift work may be required, dependant on project work load.)
- Support general business Quality performance improvements / requirements.
- Support introduction of new products
- Support Metrology activities (CMM, Scanner arm) – create, modify & maintain programs on PC-DMIS software
- Manage & report customer / supplier rejections.
- Carry out process audits within external business area
- Support NPI to ensure documents, processes etc are correct for SOP
- Produce dimensional reports to PPAP requirements
- Build / Use of Easifix kit to establish measuring fixtures
- Use of Hexagon CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine) / Scanning arm
- Support new tooling projects from initial sampling of toolmaker parts to off tool process parts
Experience / Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of moulding process and PPAP requirements
- Use of CMM / Scanning Measuring Equipment
- Able to read / interpret engineering drawings
- A flexible approach
- Understanding of SPC literate (XL, Powerpoint, Word etc)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Any other duties as seen relevant to position
Salary / Shifts
The salary for this role is between £25,000 to £29,000 depending on experience and the role will be predominantly day shift however, flexibility is required as and when twilight shift is required (with 20% shift allowance).
Other benefits include:-
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Canteen on site
- Free parking
- Life assurance of a minimum of 5 times the salary
- Pension of a minimum of 4% and a maximum of 8% (matched by the company)