Job Reference: 1334
Senior Maintenance Engineer (Day Shift)
Company / Overview
Specialist Manufacturing company based in the Tyneside area.
Working alongside the Senior OEE/Facilities Engineer and reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the team tasked with the upkeep and regular planned maintenance of site services and utilities.
The post holder is tasked to implement agreed day to day, medium and long term strategies as well as working alongside the other Engineering functions in the commissioning and implementation of new plant and processes, supporting the commissioning of new equipment and ensuring that equipment in place supports efficient Production including the introduction of new products.
Experience / Qualifications
- Time served Apprenticeship/Higher National Diploma or Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians. Strong organisational skills and a leader who can motivate, foster and retain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
- Thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure – familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24/7 operations. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Use of MFG Pro, MS Excel – understanding of Chemistry principles.
- Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques – including TPM, SMED, Kaizen and autonomous teams.
Salary / Shifts
Circa £32,000 – £38,000