Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer – 3 Shift Pattern – £34,000
Exciting and diverse Maintenance role in a business that has just had a large site investment.
Tyne & Wear
The Company: A large, global and well-established business in the UK supplying wholesale and direct customers. A very low staff turnover with a firm belief in staff retention and development.
Salary of a Maintenance Engineer
The role carries a highly competitive salary on a 3 shift pattern. The salary is up to £35,000 with additional earning available through overtime. (OTE Circa £42,000)
The business has just been through a large site investment which has seen a considerable amount of work coming into the business. This also means lot of the initial workload will be installing new equipment into the factory.
Job Description of a Maintenance Engineer
- Providing planned maintenance activities within a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Repairing and maintaining a host of semi-automated and automated machinery.
- The ability to work with PLC’s.
- To deliver a wide variety of electrical duties including cabling & wiring, fault finding and improvements.
- To showcase a high degree of multi-skilling and be comfortable delivering mechanical duties.
- To systematically establish the cause of failure in equipment.
- To identify root causes wherever possible and communicate with relevant personnel.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment.
- Ensuring health & safety regulations are followed.
- Completing the actions arising from root causes.
- There will also be an on-call element to this role.
Skills & experience of a Maintenance Engineer
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Experience working within fast-paced production environments
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and be able to investigate, troubleshoot, locate and repair faults.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as standalone on-shift
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a business that invest in their staff through training and promotion
- Be part of an established and stable team
- Large amounts of overtime, significant site wide investment and high earning potential
- 3 Shift system working earlies backs and nights
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality – Engineering, Management
- Design – Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Job Reference: 37737
Salary From: £34000
Salary To: £35000
Job Industries: Maintenance
Job Locations: North East
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Bias