Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Company / Overview
Our client are an award winning heavy industry manufacturer in the Middlesbrough area. They boast an extremely low turnover of staff and have recently celebrated one Engineer’s 50 years of service.
They are a stable, personable business currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join their team.
You will be required to perform maintenance on a variety electrical and mechanical machinery, as well as site facilities. Other Duties include:-
- To perform craft maintenance tasks in accordance with job instructions and all general maintenance on site. Respond to breakdowns
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing all faults on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure that objectives are achieved in an effective and safe manner.
- To follow both written and verbal instructions explicitly to ensure the safe completion of allocated tasks.
- Maintenance of factory equipment to include CNC machinery
- Promote equipment improvement and efficiency savings
- Machining – cutting, milling, turning, surface grinding and general workshop machine tools.
Experience / Qualifications
- Time Served – Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Manufacturing experience
- Multi Skilled
- 17th / 18th Bias
- A knowledge of welding and fabricating techniques would be useful
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (Setting up experience would be ideal)
Salary / Shifts
- Circa £27,000 – £33,000 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work are 39 hours per week
- 25 Days holiday plus the 8 bank holidays
- Expected to work a reasonable amount of overtime, during the week if required and weekends.
- Overtime is paid at time and a third Monday – Friday, Time and half on a Saturday up to 6 hours, over 6 hours double pay and Sunday will be paid at double pay.
Job Reference: 5531
Salary From: £30000
Salary To: £33000
Job Industries: Engineering Trades
Job Locations: North East
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Maintenance Other